167. Being Fair
Putting Your Policy into Practice
The "Being Fair" SkillBooster is the perfect way to boost your knowledge and skillls in recruitment and selection and so develop your competence in people management. The attractively-designed one-page summary will show you why being fair is a key to successful recruitment. It will also give you a sample equal opportunities policy and outline how you can be biased against a candidate even when you think you are not.
Features of "Being Fair"
In this SkillBooster, you'll learn...
· the difference between prejudice, direct, and indirect discrimination
· why prejudice is unfair and bad business
· why you should check your systems for indirect discrimination
· how to monitor your equal opportunities policy
· an example of an equal opportunities policy
· how to set equal opportunity targets
· why you should collect data on who applies and gets recruited.
How to Use this SkillBooster
"Being Fair" can be used in numerous ways, for example as a handout, flashcard, or poster on a recruitment and selection training course or as a memory-aid for your own training or development in this aspect of people management. For professionals it is an ideal starting point for continuous professional development.
Other MTL products that are related to "Being Fair" and will complement your training in recruitment and selection and people management are the online course in Being Fair; the mini-courses in Recruitment and Selection; and the Exceptional Recruitment and Selection Step by Step Series. You can also collect other SkillBoosters in recruitment and selection such as Effective Recruitment and Discrimination in Hiring or download the complete set of 250 SkillBoosters as a MTL Bumper Bundle.
Price of this product: £2.97
This product can be downloaded directly from this site.