MTL Motivators: Stress Management
In the MTL "Stress Management" Motivator, you'll find the best quotes ever written about the nature of stress and how to manage it. Read Thich Nhat Hanh's recipe for a perfect day; when Sydney Harris says you should relax; how the centuries-old I Ching says you'll succeed in the world; Sir John Lubbock's famous advice on what to do with scathing letters; and what Bertrand Russell thought was the symptom of an impending nervous breakdown. There are 100 slides in this collection. Read them once and you'll want to go through them again and again. These gems are great for sharing with friends in the workplace, on websites, and in your own learning. If you're a trainer or coach, take a look below at an original way to use these materials on your courses.
"Stress Management" Motivators: Our Personal Favourites
Here is our selection of our personal favourites from the "Stress Management" Motivators. These quotes are also perfect for the end-of-course training exercise that we give below.
1. "Stress is basically a disconnection from the earth, a forgetting of the breath. Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important. Just lie down." (Natalie Goldberg)
2. "To be "on edge," you are literally not centered - not being in your spiritual centre." (Carrie Latet)
3. "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."(Chinese Proverb)
4. "The first thing most people say when they get to Heaven is: "Why was I so serious?"." (Red Indian proverb)
5. "Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which colour to slide down on the rainbow.” (Douglas Pagels)
Use Your "Stress Management" Quotes with "Hotball Build"
How you use this collection of "Stress Management" Motivators is up to you. But, if you're an instructor or trainer, you'll find that, with a bit of imagination, you can turn them into a fun training room exercise such as "Hotball Build". For this game, you'll need to get hold of a small soft ball (scrunched-up paper will do if you can't find one). Get all your course members to read through the "Stress Management" Motivators quotes and select one they like. Now get everyone in a circle and start the game by throwing the ball to anyone at random. This person tells the circle what his or her quote says and then throws the hotball to the next person. He or she tells everyone what their quote says and has to remember the previous quote as well. The game continues in this way with the last person having to relate all the quotes in the correct order. This game will give everyone on your course a lot of fun as well as a chance to remember some great quotes.
Price of this product: £5.97
This product can be downloaded directly from this site.